Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Numair Luccratia – Master of Storms ((Lv.70 Shaman/Casual))

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment
Luccratia
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Numair Luccratia – Master of Storms ((Lv.70 Shaman/Casual)) Reply with quote

RL age/Location
19 /Denmark

Name – Class – Level
Luccratia – Shaman – 70

The character

IC information: Luccratia is rather young and friendly, neutral in her appearance and very accepting of nature. It is hard to tell what she is thinking or feeling, since she wears her emotions on the inside. She is faithful to those that manages to get over the wall and gets to know her real self - the silent waters are the deepest, it is said. She is very loyal and tries to always do her best. She can appear cold at some situations and appear distant, since she prefers not to judge.

Background

A young shaman closes her eyes to embrace the chilly evening wind, caressing her soft skin. The stars are shining brightly, and the waves of the sea looming gently at the edge of the water. She sits down, the tall grass swirling gently from side to side, and studies the rays of light the moon bestows the sea with. The shaman seems distant shortly, while the thoughts flow.

“At the time I saw him subtly slide down the rock, the late sun grooming over the red and scalded mountains of Blasted Lands, I knew that it would also be the last. As I stood there, the soft wind caressing my skin, the heated dust clenched to my worn armour, I felt a part of me walking away over the steps, leaving nought but shadows and emptiness behind. I had never thought that I would be able to feel like this again, and though my mind were as adamant as ever, my soul yielded at the emotional suffering. I know it was the only thing to do, but time to time I ask myself, how I can be so sure. He made me recall what I had kept hidden away for so long, and I will never forget how he opened my heart once again. But you cannot force people to love you – all you can do is set them free, accept that roads might not be alike, and that even different roads can meet again. Time to time you have to let go, to reach a greater understanding of the ascendants life wields. At some point, they are all assembling each other – and even light needs darkness to shine. “

She shakes her head as she becomes present again. The thin, dark hair falls lightly upon the shoulders, and a few fireflies greets her with their shimmering. Until now the face have been adamant and serious, but a little smile craves the elegant lips as she lifts a slender finger to admire the little fellow. The firefly sets off again, leaving the shamans face in a mild, shadowy lit embrace. After a while she takes forth pen and paper, one more time pondering if she should do this – then she bites her lip and begins to write.

>>My name is Numair Luccratia, and I was born on the early Draenor, eight years before the corruption of the orcs began. I lived a peaceful life with my parents and older brother, Argai. My memories from that time are filled with butterflies and spring, fruits and crystal clear water closely bond to the many mysteries a children soul sublimates to the surroundings. But it did not last for long and soon we were driven form our own home, into tree years of persecution and slaughter of my kin. About the time where my mother left the world to save us, an unknown illness grasped my father who followed her far too soon. My brother never forgave himself for not being able to prevent it and I must admit that my fragile heart turned to denial shortly after. Argai was all I had for a long time after that, and what I experienced until we were found by what was left of Master Velens army, is buried so deep in my shattered mind, that it cannot be found the day today. Master Velen gave Argai the chance to redeem himself and I did not have much other choice than to follow my beloved brother into the upcoming battle, to get what was left of our once magical world, back. I was not of much use, sadly; I never were very gifted when it came to battle, but I were always mentioned as being very intelligent and patient - and I find it easy adapting and learning. When they day came for the attempt to retake Temptest Keep, I found myself watching from a distance, not attending, not doing anything of use except helping with looking after the others. But once again we proved unsuccessful and only merely did we manage to escape with a satellite, that was hurled through The Twisting Nether, to crash on Asuremyst Isle, here on Azeroth.
I remember how I found Argai deadly wounded. The disturbance had caused the connection to the Naaru to break, and no matter how many tears I shed and how much I called upon my kin’s guiding light, I was not able to save him. He died in my arms and with him, I lost most of what had kept me sane so far. I do not recall where I went or for how long I ran, but at a point my body had to give after for the physical exhaustion. There was nothing but shadows and emptiness left. Everything I have ever held dear in my life has been taken away from me - one way or another. The difference between now and then is, that I had to find something to blame and since the light had failed me in my most desperate hour of need, it suffered the faith. Today I know that I alone is the one that are responsible for my failures and successes, but I was young and I had not yet reached the heights of wisdom the life provides you. Even when the Naaru found its way back into our midst, and even though I am aware of how much it has done for my people and still does, I never will and never did turn back to it. I had no need for it anymore, and nor do I have today. If you cannot trust yourself and your powers – who can?
For a while I just existed, with no purpose and no meaning. I aided my people where I could around the crash side, and lend a hand to those who asked. But one day I felt a new presence; something that spoke so clearly to my soul and spirit that I could not resist giving after for it and let it enter my mind. It was about that time The Elemental Gods showed me that there were still a path in life for me – a path I was destined to walk. It felt natural for me to learn about and adapt the shamanistic way of living and I have not regretted it ever since. The elemental gods gave me the power to preserve and restore life and to protect myself and those that are close – but do not mistake me. The path that life chose for me is not an easy one; but one that can either lead to powers so indestructible and insane that it can crave the earth to pieces, make the monsoons blow wilder than they have ever blown, challenge the storms to battle the maelstroms of the oceans and make the wild spirits of fire consume and destroy - or eternal destruction of both mind, body and soul.

The road of the shaman is powerful beyond imagination; yet there is not far from the ally with the elements, to descend of the madness one meet under the trials. Not only does a shaman have to master two worlds; they are tempted to travel them, constantly living on the edge between insanity and knowledge, searching for new answers and discovery of unvisited places. I am one of those who decided to travel further - under my trials I found a gateway to access The Emerald Dream, separated from The Spirit world, where I have wandered parts of it, humanoid beings rarely has set feet upon for centuries. Firstly I was unaware of the amount of time I spend there, intrigued by the mysteries The Dream offered; but I have kept on returning, eager to learn and explore. But there is a limit to every mind, for how much they are able to contain.
Since the dead of my brother, I have been searching for a way to be reunited with him in life. At first I used the spirit world to communicate, but the level of responding was very limited. As I found out how to manipulate with the spirit pars of nature, it occurred to me that by visiting The Dream, which I accidentally had entered during my very first trial, I was able to meet Argai as the being he once was. Though wise by nature and knowledged beyond my age, the heart of a young girl which longs for security was left to speak and guide my doings for a time. Later on I found out, that it also were possible to seek out various creatures within The Dream, to guide me and give me answers to things - even visions - from both the past, the present and rarely - the future.<<

The shaman slides some hair behind her ear, reading her writings through. A frown appears, as she once again doubts if she has said too much - but for some reason it appears to her, that she needed to do this. However, the pen soon again touches the parchment.

>>I am Numair Luccratia, Master of Storms and traveller of planes. This is my story, and the happenings that has lead me to where I am in life today. However, I have gotten friends during my time here that has helped showing me yet again, how it is to hold affection for others; and how valuable companionship can be. I am successfully helping my people and our newfound alliance with fighting off the legion in outlands, and I have a vision, to one day be powerful enough to face not only the disillusioned blood elf prince Kael’thas himself, but also lead the demon prince Illidan to destruction – and hereby once again see my beloved sacred homeland safe. All I have ever been able to hold in my grasp are my nature given powers; maybe I really am destined to live my life in eternal search for more knowledge, and seek out my limits. Time will tell, I recon. As for now I am here, stronger than I have ever been before. And I feel it is time for me to pursue my goals and fulfil my destiny. I asked the winds to carry these words to The Flame – if you hear my call, know that I am ready – ready to lend my powers for whatever purpose that might lead me closer to what I seek. Heed my call, and I shall serve you until life forces me to bend.<<

She nods and rises, leaving hoof prints in the sand behind her as she strides for the beach. The shaman takes a few steps out in the water, her kilt dragging rings on the surface. Her totem necklace dangles softly in the wind, meddling with the scrawny hair as she folds the letter, picking up a bottle and stuffs it in. Her hand makes a movement to seal it, where after she kneels down and let go of it. The void like eyes follows the bottle as it looms through the water, carried by the mild evening breeze. Then she turns around, her slender figure changing to that of a wolf, and soon she is out of sight.

Why do you want to join Ebon Flame and what can you offer us?

I have been in Grey Company ever since I started Luccratia on this server, but I felt that I missed something and since many of my friends from there left during time, I decided to take my leave as well. After that I joined Adventures of The Realm, and became a member of the raid community OFDS, lead by Kathrynn and Kynan/Kalanthes, some of you might know. I got a very great picture of Ebon Flame and it seems fairly active and with many possibilities to evolve in the game.
The reason I seek as casual member is that I enjoy running with OFDS so much, that I would rather stay there and progress with the lovely people, than seek in here as Knight (I also lack a lot experience for that and my working times are too unstable). But I also would like some more guild activity; AoTR is really quiet these days. Ebon Flame seemed like the ideal choice for me because of the way we have been working together with you at some points. And as I’ve said I really like the people in AoTR and OFDS and many of them are also connected to EF.

I can offer you a steady, helping and friendly hand, with the will to put some effort and time into things I like. I have been told I should have some humour somewhere too, but it seems to dig itself down mostly. Guess I am more the serious type *cough* Oh, and I like that you treat each other with respect. Further more I also can offer a ‘decent’ geared shaman to aid you in the future, if need be, since I recon her gear is fairly good for some of the early raids. All thanks to OFDS and AoTR <Insert adoring smiley here> - I craft gems too and lots of them! Epix alike!

Aims and objectives - what do you want out of the game? What are you looking for in a guild?

I have a tiny, secret dream of seeing Mount Hyjal and face Illidan in Black Temple. But for now I just want to have fun and enjoy the game with people I like. I look for an active RP envoirment that also offers fine possibilities for PvE progress.

Experience - relating to WoW, roleplaying and MMORPGS in general.

Been playing wow for about two years now. Only played on RP servers; I started at Darkmoon Faire where I have been a long time, but moved to Moonglade to play more with my RL friends. Wow is the only MMORPG I have tried but I am a very active roleplayer out of the game, and have been so the last 6 years. I have a lot experiences with team building LARP and also table top. Used to be officer in my old guild on Darkmoon Faire (was in charge of forum management, applications and its alike) but due to disputes I left and have not returned.

Any Ebon Flame members that you know?

Only those who are a part of OFDS and Diamedius - I have no recommendations I can throw in, but I know my reputation on the server in general is good, and I have had no troubles with it at any time. (Setting off fire elementals and getting lost in Karazan does not count!>_<)

Additional info:

- My internet connection is fine and stabile!

- Luccratia is specced 41/0/20 Elemental for dps/offhealing, but mainly dps.

-I prefer to be dps and play my class as a fully support class (which for me is what an elemental shaman is) - normally I am taking over when a healer is down and helping a bit where it is needed.

- Amory: Luccratia - Adventures of The Realm
If you want to have a look. I’ll gladly answer any questions according to choice of gear,
enchants, gems etc. that you might have.

- I am attuned to all heroics and Karazan too.

- I have run the following:
Karazan (cleared)
Gruuls (cleared)
Maghteridon (cleared)
Zul’Aman (3 first bosses)
SSC (2 first bosses)

I have not tried any pre TBC raids however.

- Add-ons: Omen, Deadly Boss Mods, Totem Timer, FlagRSP2

I put the last there just for the lol’s – or well actually, I enjoy filling out that stuff and thought it might be useful for some reason. Okay, that was a lot of text! But it was it for me, however. Thanks for readin’ ma’ yappin’. And please, do ask if I left anything of importance out.

Cheers!

Numair Luccratia - Shaman of The Flame - Character Information

Kynan
Mor'Ladim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommend Luccratia, Very friendly person and great to have around.

Wish you the best of luck with your application Luccy.

Ky.

Kenshou
Razorgore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met Luccratia before on a couple of instance runs with Kynan. Nice lady *nods*

damma
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have my recommendations. Very nice player.

>>> ME <<<

Ravincal
Gehennas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another dane, and a very well written application indeed.. She has my thumbs up.

Kathrynn
Majordomo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't recommend this gorgeous girl highly enough, she is not only one of the nicest ladies it has ever been my priviledge to encounter in game, but also extremely funny, and all round team player and has been integral to OFDS's sucess thus far.

Don't think I can say anything more than that, she has all my vouch tokens.

Love ya Luce Wink

K x

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and well written Draenei background (much better than my own really when I joined Razz)

Just for that, I say take her :D

Mafuus
Razorgore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luccratia has been present on a number of the Gruul raids, I can say, what I have seen of her she is a very competent player. Plus more LB spammers are always fun to have (keeps those pesky locks happy anyway).

Good luck with your app.

Xenier

kinta
War Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunt out Sessiah, and we'll see what happens.

Luccratia
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - a lot all, for the kind words and recommendations.... *blush* I'm a bit stunned. And it has been a pleasure really, Kattie, to run with OFDS - uttermost!

And Perlin - thankies, I appriciate when people like what I write^^

Kinta - does that mean I have to head hunt Him, Sessiah, to have a IC chat or?*confuzzled* Sowwie, I am a bit of a coconut once in a while^^"

Sessiah
Shaman Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*peers up* Well, if you wanna headhunt me, you're willing to try. Tsh, I'd say to seek me out in game, but the lil' gnome got here faster!

HK-47: I have always been hostile. Now that I need no longer rely on you and your primitive maintenance skills I do not need to hide it.

Luccratia
Gahz'rilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... *mutters something about gnomes* Allright! ^-^

Remi
Garrrrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whispers to Luccratia* She's mostly in Ironforge, somewhere between the auction house and the mailbox.
*Hands Luccratia a Stoppable Force* Here, use this!

Good luck with your application Luccratia.

Sessiah
Shaman Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find V! That is all.

HK-47: I have always been hostile. Now that I need no longer rely on you and your primitive maintenance skills I do not need to hide it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum