Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

Ebon Flame RP
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay
Laelanthar
Mograine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 am Post subject: Ebon Flame RP Reply with quote

Last days I've read everything about Ebon Flame RP background...

And I have question/petition/request/hope to people, who were there when this guild was created and who created its history and everything... And I'm amazed about tons of stories, informations and everything... It has so HUGE potential...

May we try to find time and place for some guild-oriented RP-events? I think there are a lot of people who will attend them...

And also, because game alone has middle level of entertaiment, maybe some focus on RP and whole knowledge connected with it will help some of us in finding our place in game...

know I'm new in guild, I was only for several months, but I really think that RP is not only nice, but also important part of making WoW live again.

What do you think about this?

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Always up for RP here of course, and though I've been around a long time, I am not one of the real old timers here I'm afraid :D

Sofiana
Kel'Thuzad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

*rings the bell*

Summon the Verannion!
Does.
Who loves,
Lives.

Materalus
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to have RP events somewhat regularly, but attendance just dwindled to the point where people stopped putting effort into it. Other things became a priority. It could be that we've reached a stage where our group of people crave it enough that RP is on the cards once again. I still have Mat's backstory (not full written out, mind you, but it's there). V has his great little monk story written up on the forums. It would be nice to see the passion for this stuff fanned again.

Need something resolved? Don't hesitate to get in touch:
LukeStrife#2143

Laelanthar
Mograine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that we have some people active online who would love to see regular RP (Nataari are you there?)... Maybe it's good moment to reactivate role playing forces... I'm very into it Smile

Sofiana
Kel'Thuzad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanning it isn't necessary. It never has been. It's always been a case of... just do it. Make it happen, take part in some, arrange it if you want, and then enthuse about how much fun it is. People will come and get involved. Smile You don't need to wait for someone else to organise this shit, in fact you probably shouldn't. Then again, I appreciate it's tough to know old backstory without someone to share it with you... Smile
Does.
Who loves,
Lives.

Kili
Nefarian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the old farts around here EF RP was pretty much centred around Thalos, so while many of us witnessed it there was limited interaction. Way back at one of the early guild meets I did run a game of D&D based around the Ebon Flame itself. As Sofi said just get on and do it. I would be curious about how RP is handled from a planned night kind of thing.

Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofiana wrote:
*rings the bell*

Summon the Verannion!

ARE YOU THE ONE RINGING THAT DAMN BELL!? (Bonus points for getting the reference.)

There is a wealth of materials which is part of what makes it so fun to work with. The Ebon Restoration storyline which was in progress pretty much fell through without a satisfying conclusion but I promise I'll get around to finishing it soon (TM).

The Moonrise event Nat recently put up is a nice touch too, and worth looking into given EFs roots a night elf organization.

Beyond those two things though, there's plenty of room to write all manner of short stories or events centered around guild lore or history or even its current predicaments. IF you're worried about contradiciting canonicity you're of course free to ask me anything whenever, but don't let me stifle your creativity.

Well, unless you want to be a night elf born in Stormwind, in which case BAD GUILDIE GO SIT IN THE CORNER.

Nataari
Murloc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawr! Yes! Here! :D

Sofiana wrote:
Fanning it isn't necessary. It never has been. It's always been a case of... just do it. Make it happen, take part in some, arrange it if you want, and then enthuse about how much fun it is. People will come and get involved. Smile You don't need to wait for someone else to organise this shit, in fact you probably shouldn't. Then again, I appreciate it's tough to know old backstory without someone to share it with you... Smile

I actually disagree on this one. Motivation comes from inspiration, and when things are a bit sleepy, it would require quite a bit of "fanning the flames" to get things going again.
Back in the days, RP was my main reason to play WOW- there were planty of guilds and street RP to be found, and new chars popped up all the time. After I came back, there was almost no open world RP around anymore.. so I still RP, but just in small pockets with a select group of people. With no organized / accessible RP, it is just easier to fall back into a PvE-only habit.
If there was an abundance of RP around, would it be different? I am sure it would! RP is like a catalyst, the more it is around, the more motivating it is to ditch your daily grind in favour of a night of roleplaying.

I think it's an awesome initiative Lael - we should maybe use this little surge of inspiration to re-ignite things again RP wise. The event last sunday, and also the reactions in this post, show that there's enough people around who would be interested to grt involved. And using the EF guild lore would be a nice angle to get things started within our group of players as well?

Axedra
Magmadar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Verannion wrote:

Well, unless you want to be a night elf born in Stormwind, in which case BAD GUILDIE GO SIT IN THE CORNER.

isn't this actually viable now that the night elves are all refugees?

anyhow, I'm not much of a roleplayer myself. I like writing stories and I'm a DM but ingame roleplay is too much improvising while typing for me, and I just find it stops my creativity flow completely. Not to mention that IMO RPers usually take this stuff way too seriously, so the threshold for casual or new RPers (or anyone who's not overly familiar with the lore) is very high.

However, as social events captain I'm all for extra activities and if you need a hand with organizing or want to hijack a Wednesday for an RP event, please let me know!

Kili
Nefarian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone done in-game roleplay over voice comms?

Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Axedra wrote:
Verannion wrote:

isn't this actually viable now that the night elves are all refugees?

Laelanthar
Mograine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think that nu,ber of replies here is proof, that RPing is important part of this guild and this game, and I really will think about doing something about this Smile

Axe, thanks for idea - I will try to think about some Wednesday event :D

And about kal'dorei born in Stormwind - I'm afraid WoW will caese to exist before timeline allow them to become adventurers XD

Nataari
Murloc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up to an idea Perlin mentioned recently..
Laelanthar is right, there is so much guild lore Ebon Flame has build up over the years, and newcomers like us don't even know about all that stuff - unless they dedicate hours reading around the forums.

Why don't we use that for an event, to get people more involved with the guilds history? Maybe in form of re-visiting significant places of past events or, ehm, places of "historical importance" for the guild? I am sure an old scholar like Verannion would have a thing or two two tell an interested group of characters...? Wink

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nataari wrote:
Following up to an idea Perlin mentioned recently..
Laelanthar is right, there is so much guild lore Ebon Flame has build up over the years, and newcomers like us don't even know about all that stuff - unless they dedicate hours reading around the forums.

Why don't we use that for an event, to get people more involved with the guilds history? Maybe in form of re-visiting significant places of past events or, ehm, places of "historical importance" for the guild? I am sure an old scholar like Verannion would have a thing or two two tell an interested group of characters...? Wink

What a wonderful idea! Razz

But yeah, would be a nice little RPish event for people who like to join and maybe add in too. And I was not thinking that V actually would have to lead the event on an OOC level, someone else can do that. Pretty similar to how the Moonrise also had a different person arranging it OOC compared to the one giving the speeches.

So yeah, what are your toughts?

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: