Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

ping ef@wow

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Public General
Jadenn
Ragnaros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 am Post subject: ping ef@wow Reply with quote

This letter is primarily addressed to the people that have been in EF for a considerable while and have known me well. I could have sent PMs to all of them - not really that much work, but this is something I hope all the Knights of EF will enjoy, or at least throw some tomatoes at certain elements.

Most of the people that joined after I started fading out of the game into my other hobbies and my profession (most of this post will be about the latter) may only recognize me if there's been any oocflame or role channel mention of me and was interesting, funny or just plain Picard facepalm moment. In ASCI. But I doubt there were many.

Managed to team up for a web project with a few people from Vodka US. We're working on a raid video guide resource, that's also going to host a few podcasts, like Circle of Healing. There's also a forum with a leveling system and we're now working on including member blogs and some ranking systems around that. The videos are made by Kina. If you're not familiar with his vids and their style/quality, there'll be a few links below. Future plans include Premium access for those people that just HAVE TO see all vids in 1080p and want a bigger avatar and that kind of silly perks, but the rest of the website is completely open.

The website is called Learn to Raid, or short L2R and we launched it on December 6th and we're really firing it up now. Last few weeks all our content guys were playing Cata as it was just released and were busy racing for world 1st kill on everything that's spawned, but now 1st episode of CoH podcast is up, and we already have the video guide for Enclave something something. The one with three genies. cba to wowhead it, and there's a lot more to come, as we're now waiting for Nefarilol to spawn and have a few days to write the content and make some real dope video guides.

Links and stuff - I was going to post some youtube links to a site Teaser, some of Kina's other vids for reference and the Conclave of Wind video strategy guide but it won't let me. They're all either in youtube channels user/vodkaguild or user/learntoraid.

learntoraid.com - Main Website, launched December 6th

I come here, bearing this letter, hoping this proves to be a valuable resource. I'll also welcome any feedback, of both polarities. If there's anything technical that needs fixing, it's my job. Also I need a volunteer. Whoever got curious, followed the links, and liked the project and also checked out the forums, I'd ask them to go to the Bugs forum, find a poster named lysandergray (should be prevalent), copy his signature and paste it to Kinta in a whisper. Although... Kinta will have probably read this by then.

And a whole buncha P.S., but in list format:
- No, I will not be buying Cata. If there's any chance you'll see me in another MMO, it will be Diablo III or Titan maybe. Depends what the deal with those will be.
- I suspect the links won't have anchors attached because of the public forum permissions.
- Yes, we have cookies over at L2R.
- I now play Minecraft. </thread>

Jadenn
Ragnaros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:18 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh err sorry about the retarded thread title. I was going to change it and forgot and I can't edit it now. If someone with sufficient permissions could rename it to something relevant such as "A letter", "Updates", "Hey guys!" or "Reports of my death have been exaggerated" or somesuch, I would be deeply appreciative.

Korvic
Ragnaros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Minecraft rocks Smile

Fanguarn
Gehennas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you again Jade, good luck with the website thing. It has a decent first impression.

I also checked the signature but I'll leave the excitement to Kinta himself =P

Besides I haven't bought Cata either - yet.

Anyway, I hope this thing becomes very succesful, and we'll see you around a bit more

Fang

damma
Chromaggus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you Jay. Site looks great. Will have a closer look when it's not 1:53 AM and I spent hours leveling Archaeology *grins*

>>> ME <<<

Perlin
Treasurer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Always nice to see when what was a hobby, turns into something good and productive surrounding that hobby!

Thanks for the update Jade and good luck with the website!

Grifor
Majordomo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the site J :D I'll have a look at it later today.

kinta
War Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

impressed, Jade, looks good

I like the sig ... it's proven more and more true over time Wink

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Public General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum