Home - Raid Calendar - Wiki - Search - Usergroups - Register - Profile - Log in to check your private messages - New Posts - Log in

The Ebon Restoration: Legacies

Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay
Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm Post subject: The Ebon Restoration: Legacies Reply with quote

Library, The Ebon Keep

Motes of dust hung glittering in the air, seemingly suspended in the beams of light that trickled down through the cracks in the ceiling. Books rested on shelves or tables, open, closed, whole and partial. Even Deathwing couldn't have caused such a mess. The room looked like it had been put to the torch, extinguished, lit again and then been rampaged around by a horde of overly inquisitive piglets. Several humanoid robots, scale built replicas of Blood Elven arcane golems, were hard at work picking through the debris at their masters behest.
In the middle of the room, Verannion stood looking out across the devastation. Occasionally a robot would scurry up to him with tomes in various states of repair, only to be sent away when it became apparent their find was not satisfactory. Sighing, the elderly gnome sat down, closed his eyes and pinched his nose. Youth, that was the thing. With no respect for the wisdoms of old, it was easy to leave these treasures scattered about without a care. He'd once pondered building robotic servants to maintain the halls, but had been gently and firmly discouraged by the Keeper. "No exploding contraptions are going to run around my castle", he had said. Typical night elf, and look where it had gotten him: Missing, no word on his whereabouts and now dust, DUST was covering every inch of this sacred place of knowledge. His eyes snapped open. Not every inch, no. He padded over to a nearby desk. Books where piled on high here, as if someone had gleaned through their contents and tossed them aside when they did not contain what was sought. Ridling through them, Verannion noticed a pattern; every book was emblazoned with the symbol of the Ebon Flame. Someone had been searching for guild lore. In vain.

Post Office, Dalaran

Life as a postmaster in Dalaran was a fairly uninteresting job. Mages, if they talked to eachother, tended to simply teleport or send familiars rather than letters. Still, there was a population of non-magical folk who still relied on the tried and tested... There was the faint sound of the door being opened and closed. The Postmaster hurried out into the recieving room, only to slow down as he took in the sight of the visitor. Robes, staff, all bearing the crest of a violet sunrise. This man was a mage. The fact that the visitor stood at roughly one third of his own height was of no consequence. The Postmaster was no stranger to gnomes and knew enough not to offend by commenting on the visitors height.
"A most pleasant evening to you, serrah. I had not thought to recieve custom from such an esteemed pers..."
"I need several letters delivered", The stranger interrupted.
"Of course, serrah. Standard rates are..."
"You may find that standard rates do not apply to these individuals. I am of course willing to pay accordingly."
"I assure you serrah, the standard rate will get your letter delivered anywhere on Azeroth." The Postmaster smiled nervously. Mages shouldn't hire mailmen, he felt; it was unbecoming.
"That", the gnome said, "is the very trick, isn't it?"

Moments later, Verannion walked out of the post office. He felt... elated. It was good to be back in the world, even if this part of it didn't change much, barring the occasional flight. Time to see what had become of the Order.

You recieve an unmarked letter. It reads:

Greetings, fellow Flame.

You may or may not know me, but I am confident you'll have heard my name mentioned. I am Verannion Whizzlefire, Elder Magus of the new Ebon Flame, and you are receiving this letter because the guild we are both a part of is in peril. I cannot go into details for fear of betraying Order secrets, but if you have the will to strengthen yourself and your comrades, I would request that you meet me at my outpost on Draenor on Tuesday the 26th, 19.45 pm (local Draenic time). A map with directions is enclosed.

Signed with a steady hand,

Verannion G. Whizzlefire, esq.

Verannion
Captain of the Flame

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to complications with scheduling this has been moved to Friday the 29th, 19.45 (server).

Post new topicReply to topic Ebon Flame Forum Index -> Roleplay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: